We use a system called askmyGP which is a fast and easy way to ask for any kind of help from the practice.
- We are available to answer queries between 8am and 6.30pm from Monday to Friday
- We accept completed queries from 7.30am Monday to Friday
- We will get back to you as soon as possible (usually within a couple of hours) but if your query comes in late in the day and is not thought to be urgent you may not get a reply until the next day
- You can see who is on duty on any particular day and request your preferred or usual clinician
- You can choose to be contacted by the surgery by telephone, secure message or video call
- If we need to see you we will aim to give you a face-to-face or video appointment the same day
- Video consultations are provided through a secure link to your mobile, tablet or laptop for no extra charge
- You can register for askmyGP now, without any paperwork
If you prefer to phone, one of our receptionists will need to take a few details about your query and pass these on to the clinical staff. However you choose to get in touch, someone will contact you as soon as possible and aim to resolve your query by phone, secure message, video or face to face consultation the same day, or another day if more convenient.
Please note you can no longer book a GP appointment using our previous online appointment system.
askmyGP is available to all our registered patients, and can be used to ask about your children or other people you care for (if registered with us).
That’s it – simple and straightforward!
We are encouraging everyone who has access to a computer, smart phone or tablet to use askmyGP:
- It saves you time
- There is no longer a need to wait in Open Surgery or rush to access the only same day appointments available
- Really ill patients don’t have to wait for urgent slots at the end of pre-booked surgeries
- Clinics can be run more effectively, and face to face consultations reserved for those who need them the most